1. Clean ,wash and joint the chicken .
2. Grind the coconut ,two onions, poppy seeds ,garlic , ginger and mustard seeds .Mix all the powdered spices to a paste with water .
3.Heat fat and add spices .Add the onion finely sliced and fry till light brown .
4. Now add the ground ingredients with the paste and fry for about 5 to 10 minutes till all raw smell disappears and the fat floats on top .
5. Add finely chopped skinned tomatoes and coriander leaves and fry another 2 to 3 minutes.
6. Now add the chicken and fry for another few minutes till slightly browned . Add the vinegar with the ground raisins and cashewnuts ,with 2 cups of water and salt to taste .
7. Cover tightly and cook on slow fire till chicken is cooked . Add all cashewnuts and serve .