1. Clean and joint chicken .
2. Roast coriander ,red chillies , peppercorns ,turmeric , cinnamon ,cloves and cardamoms.
3. Powder fine and grind to a smooth paste with fennel .
4. Peel and slice onions . Peel and quarter potatoes .Peel and slice ginger .
5 Grate coconut and make three extractions .
6. Heat up oil .Fry small onions sliced and mustard seeds .
nbsp;7. When seeds splutter add ground paste ,chicken pieces sliced onions and curry leaves .
8. Saute for 3 to 5 minutes . Add salt, cover and cook on slow fire till chicken is nearly done .
9. Add third extraction of coconut milk ,potatoes and ginger .
10 . When potatoes are cooked ,add second extraction . Cook till gravy is fairly thick .
11. Add first extraction of coconut milk , bring to boil and remove .
12 . Heat fat for tempering . Add sliced onion and slightly crushed cinnamon and cloves ;when onions brown ,pour over curry . Mix well .