1. Clean and joint chicken .
2. Grind seperately garlic , ginger and salt .
3. Apply on chicken and set aside .
4. Grind red chillies ,coriander and turmeric to a fine paste .
nbsp;5. Grind one onion separately . .
6. Heat fat or oil . Fry one sliced onion till golden brown .
7. Add chicken and fry . Add ground spices and ground onion.
8.Fry over slow fire till flavour develops .
nbsp;9. Add blanched and chopped tomatoes and about 1 cup of water . Cook till tender .
10 . Roast and powder cloves , cardamoms , peppercorns and bayleaf . Sprinkle over chicken .
11. Test for seasoning and remove . Garnish with chopped leaves ,and if desired ,julienne potatoes .