Chicken Hush Puppies Chicken Hush Puppies are awesome, simple, no-fuss, guilt-free, air fried snacks made with a concoction of cornmeal, flour, baking pd, baking soda combined with butter, chicken, spices, milk, garlic and sugar. Made into roundel shapes, the dumplings are brilliantly air fried to make them amazingly crunchy on the outside and moist inside. Hush puppies are marvellous and yummy snacks that are served best for kids to enjoy eating.
Toss out all the junk foods and do start preparing fun time snacks with very simple and easily available ingredients within your reach which can truly turn into a nutritious, luscious and appetizing healthy homemade snack. Do try out some low calorie snacks that will keep your kids and family healthy and happy. Classic hushpuppies are finger-shaped dumplings made with cornmeal that are deep-fried and traditionally served with fried catfish.
Corn meal is a fantastic gluten free type of flour that is often used in baking. It can be used in making a variety of culinary creations. It adds awesome taste and texture to many dishes. It will make a great meal as it is a great source of thiamine and niacin and also a good source of both iron and magnesium. Corn meal is also considered to be an excellent choice for acquiring dietary fiber.
Preparing Chicken Hush puppies is simple and kids also could help you in making small balls. These awesome hush puppies could also be made and later air fried just before the party starts. They are completely, mess-free, fast to cook, scrumptious bite sized snacks that kids would just grab to eat the whole within seconds. Do try and delight them with healthy foods.
Chicken Hush Puppies:
Corn meal flour – 100 gms
All-purpose flour – 100 gms
Baking pd - ½ tsp
Baking soda - ¼ tsp
Salt - to taste
Butter - 1 tbsp
Chicken, finely chopped - 1 cup
Garlic, finely chopped - 1 tsp
Onion, finely chopped - 1 no
Pepper pd, freshly crushed - 1 tsp
Coriander leaves, chopped - 1 tbsp
Water - 100 ml
Milk - 200 ml
Sugar - 1 tsp
Oil - 1 tsp
- In a mixing bowl, add cornmeal flour, all-purpose flour, baking pd, baking soda and little salt. Combine all ingredients together and keep aside.
- Heat a sauce pot and add little butter. When it melts, add chicken pieces, garlic, onion, crushed pepper, coriander leaves and mix well.
- Add water, milk, combine all ingredients together and allow it to boil.
- Add salt to taste and little sugar. Mix well.
- Once it starts boiling, switch off the flame and add in the flour mixture, mix to make dough.
- Shift this mixture into a big bowl, add beaten eggs and combine well.
- Dust some flour in your fingers and shape them into slightly big dumplings and keep aside.
- With help of a brush, coat the dumplings with 1 tsp of oil.
- Preheat the Philips Airfryer at 180 degree C for 3 minutes.
- Open the basket and drop in the Hush Puppies and air fry for 7 – 8 minutes at 180 degree C.
- Remove and serve hot with any sauce of your choice.
You could always reach me at my website for more amazing nutritious and enticing snack recipes at: www.vahrehvah.com
Enjoy Cooking and always remember that: “VahrehVah is all about inspiring others to cook”!