- Marinate chicken with turmeric powder, red chili powder, salt and mix nicely. Let it rest for overnight.
- Slightly crush cloves, cardamom, star anise, cinnamon stick with pestle.
- Take a mixie jar and add chopped mint leaves, coriander leaves, green chilies, blend into a green paste.
- Heat oil in a pot, add bay leaves, black cumin seeds, slightly crushed spices and saute it.
- To it, add slices of onions, little salt and cook it, later add ginger garlic paste, pinch of turmeric powder, prepared green paste, saute it for about a minute.
- Then add dry coriander powder, little red chili powder, garam masala powder, yogurt, and mix it.
- Later add marinated chicken and check for seasoning.
- Soak rice for about 30 minutes, remove water from the rice.
- To the pot, add water, rice and mix slightly and cook it with closed lid first on high flame, later on slow flame until rice is cooked.
Now the chicken pot biryani is ready to serve with raitha.