1. Clean and joint chicken .
2. Peel and quarter onions and potatoes .Peel and slice ginger .Slit green chillies .
3. Make three extractions of coconut milk .
4. In a pan put the chicken , onions ,ginger , green chillies ,curry leaves and salt .
5. Add a little water and cook till chicken is nearly done .
6. Add third extraction of coconut milk and potatoes .
7. When potatoes are cooked ,add flour mixed in a little coconut milk , second extraction of coconut milk and vinegar .
8. Cook till gravy is thick .Add first extraction of coconut milk . Bring to boil and remove .
9. Heat clarified butter .Add sliced onion and slightly crushed cinnamon and cloves ;when brown ,pour over stew .Mix well .