Wantons are an interesting oriental starter here they are made of chicken and airfryed and using very little oil. Chicken Wontons are very interesting Oriental starters that are made of chicken mince and added with few awesome and nutritious veggies which are air-fried using very little oil until they are crisp and cooked to perfection.
Wontons are easy to make. These fantastic yummy and luscious Chicken wontons have distinctive Asian flavors of the Chicken mince filling which is a great appetizer for everyone to crave. They are brilliantly air-fried in the air fryer using very little oil, is healthy and nutritious to eat. Kids would love eat these highly yummy and appetizing Chicken Wontons and they would surely ask for more. These wontons are also be prepared before in hand and then air-fried right on the dining table to serve hot, crisp and fresh wontons to your family and friends.
This is absolutely mess free, very healthy and highly nutritious to eat. Each region has its own variations in making the Wontons. Wontons are generally boiled and served in soup or sometimes deep fired. There are various regional variations of shape in making the wonton. The most versatile style or shape is a simple right triangle, made by folding the square wrapper in half by pulling together two diagonally opposite corners.
Recipe: Crispy Chicken Wontons
- All-purpose flour - 1 cup
- Salt - to taste
- Chicken mince - 100 gms
- Egg, beaten - 1 no
- White of spring onions, finely chopped - 1 tsp
- Greens of spring onions, finely chopped - 1 tsp
- French beans, finely chopped - 1 tbsp
- Carrot, finely chopped - 1 tbsp
- Coriander leaves, finely chopped - 1 tbsp
- Green chillies, finely chopped - ½ tsp
- Pepper powder - ½ tsp
- Soya sauce - ¼ tsp
- MSG (optional) - pinch
- Cornstarch - ½ tsp
- Sesame seed oil - 1 tsp
- For the outer casing: Take a mixing bowl, add all-purpose flour, pinch of salt, little by little hot water and knead to make stiff dough. Cover and keep aside.
- For the stuffing: Take a mixing bowl, add chicken pieces, egg, white & greens of spring onions, French beans, carrots, green chillies, coriander leaves, pepper powder, soya sauce, MSG, cornstarch and mix well.
- Add some sesame seed oil and mix again. Keep aside.
- With help of rolling pin, dust some flour on the table and roll the dough into a thin sheet. Take a cutter and cut into roundels and keep aside.
- Apply some water on the edges of the roundels. Take some stuffing and place in the roundel and seal the edges well (crescent shape).
- Preheat the air fryer at 180 degree C.
- Brush the wontons with very little oil. Pull out the basket and drop in the wontons.
- Air fry the wontons at 180 degree C for 7 minutes, turn the wontons on the other side and air fry again for about 3 – 4 minutes.
- Remove and serve hot with any sauce.
The stuffing inside the chicken wonton is a healthy mix of mince chicken pieces, egg, whites & greens of spring onions, French beans, carrots, green chillies, coriander leaves, pepper powder, soya sauce, MSG, cornstarch all mixed well together giving a striking zest to the palate. The outer casing is crisp on bite and soft inside. This is a fantastic and stomach filling snack. A little drizzle of sesame seed oil offers a distinctive taste and flavor.
These crispy Chicken Wontons are brilliant guilt-free eating snacks. Do give this snack recipe a try and dazzle your family and friends with fresh and nutritious Crispy Chicken Wontons. Homemade snacks are much sought after for the obvious reasons of using fresh food products and making healthy and nutritious foods. At Vahrehvah, we have wide range of snacks and appetizers from Air-fried, steamed to oven baked, quickie and easy snack ideas that you can stir up to quick growing appetite of your children or to refresh your tired loved one and cater to your guests.
To try more easy, yummy and appetizing snack recipes, do click on: https://www.vahrehvah.com
My rating: 4 stars: ★★★★☆ 1 review(s)
You could always reach me at my below links:
My Cooking Videos Indian Recipes Indian Food Regional Indian Cuisines VahChef Sanjay Thumma
Enjoy Cooking and always remember that: “VahrehVah is all about inspiring others to cook”!