Coffee Mousse is light, fluffy, very refreshing, chilled and a perfectly sophisticated dessert dish Coffee Mousse is light, fluffy, very refreshing, chilled and a perfectly sophisticated dessert dish to be served at the end of a romantic candlelight dinner. It has an exceptionally awesome coffee flavor to enjoy. Coffee Mousse delights the palates of anyone from kids to the oldies. They would just pounce over to grab in relishing this luscious delicacy which will keep them in high spirits. The coffee flavor is a complete combination of distinctive aromatic, is a fantastic fusion of body, bitterness, sweetness, acidity and the sweet aftertaste where no single flavor overpowers the other.
Coffee flavor when mixed in making desserts has a fruity essence, like the berries or citrus. Coffee is a healthy and flavorful addition to various desserts like chocolate cake, brownies, panna cotta etc. It adds an amazing rich flavor to most of the desserts without adding extra fat or calories. Recent research studies have shown that coffee have added health benefits such as protecting the heart, prevents risk of diabetes, dementia and Alzheimer’s disease. Ultimately the Coffee mousse is a fun-loving, easy to prepare dessert that kids too could give a hand on the preparation and presentation. Do try this recipe and delight your family with new twist in taste and flavor.
Recipe of Coffee Mousse:
- Milk - 200 ml
- Sugar - 30 gms
- Eggs - 2 nos
- Instant Coffee pd - 1 tsp
- Gelatin - 7 gms
- Vanilla essence - 1 tsp
- Whipped Cream - 100 gms
- Date syrup - 2 tsp
- Water - ½ cup
- Pour 200 ml of milk in a sauce pot and heat it. Add 30 gms of sugar and stir once. Reduce the flame and allow it to boil until the sugar gets dissolved.
- Take 2 eggs and separate the whites and yolks and keep aside.
- Once the sugar is dissolved, switch off the flame and pour the milk in another vessel to make it warm (the milk should not be too hot). Place this on the double boiler.
- Add the yolks into the milk and stir well until the mixture thickens. Once it comes to a coating consistency, remove and keep aside.
- Add 1 tsp of instant coffee pd to little water and keep aside. Add the coffee mixture to the milk and mix well. Add gelatin (soak 7 gms of gelatin in little water or double boil and melt it) and mix well.
- Add 1 tsp of vanilla essence and mix well. Rest this mixture aside until the milk mixture gets cool.
- Whisk the egg whites until you get peaks. Add this into the milk mixture along with 100 gms whipped cream and mix gently.
- Pour this mixture in the jelly moulds and refrigerate it until set.
- Once the coffee mousse is set, gently de-mould the mousse onto a serving plate. Drizzle some coffee syrup or date syrup and serve chilled.
This sweet dessert is a perfect dish to grace any festive occasion as it is quick and easy to make. It also brings a majestic unmatched joy of experiencing an exotic dessert using very few and simple ingredients mostly readily available in most kitchens. Working with gelatin is pretty straight but you need to follow few tips to get the dish right. Add the gelatin grains in little bit of water to bloom. When nicely soaked, it will look like an applesauce consistency and eventually set into solid if not used right away. Gelatin starts to work pretty quickly once it’s added into the recipe hence be sure you keep the moulds ready. Gelatin makes the texture less silky and slightly bouncier. Do try this salivating dessert recipe and enjoy the taste.
To try more favourite recipes, do click on: www.vahrehvah.com
My rating: 4 stars: ★★★★☆ 1 review(s)
You could always reach me at my below links:
My Cooking Videos
Regional Indian Cuisines
VahChef Sanjay Thumma
Enjoy Cooking and always remember that: “VahrehVah is all about inspiring others to cook”!