Crispy Fried Tomatoes Crispy Fried Tomatoes are a dazzling and yummy snack that has a fantastic crispy texture on the outer side and soft and juicy inside. On bite, the tomato explodes chucking out a blend of exotic pizza taste flavors that is truly extraordinaire. Inside is a combination of aroma from the basil, oregano, spiced with little red chilli flakes, pepper powder, garlicky flavor and a tinge of zest from vinegar.
This snack is brilliantly cooked in a healthy and nutritious way keeping all flavors and texture intact which is one of the main task that a professional chef can do it easily. Here comes this awesome recipe that is being done in a simple method which is just easy for all us to prepare in a jiffy. Batter coated crispy fried tomatoes is a super crispy delicious dish that will bring a smile to anyone’s face who happens to be lucky enough to be eating one. Fried in the Philips Air fryer, this dish is an absolute guilt-free snack, healthier and nutritious to eat as it is fried in just a tsp of oil and the rapid air inside the air fryer cooks and ensures a perfect crispness and texture to the tomatoes making them more enticing to taste.
Generally kids hate tomatoes, hence this is an ideal snack that they would truly relish and surely ask for more. Do try this recipe and delight them with good and easy to prepare healthy snacks. Watch down the video and enjoy cooking.
Crispy Fried Tomatoes with Pizza Flavor:
Ingredients: Garlic - 5 gm
Pepper Powder - 5 gm
Red Chilly Flakes - 5 gm
Oregano - 2 gm
Basil - 2 gm
Vinegar - 5 ml
Oil - 10 ml
Salt - to taste
Tomatoes - 5 nos
Flour - for crumbing
Egg - 2 nos
Bread Crumbs - for crumbing
- Preheat the air fryer at 180 degree C for 4 minutes.
- Take a bowl and some crushed garlic, pepper powder, red chilli flakes, oregano, basil, vinegar, oil and mix all the ingredient adding little salt.
- Take tomato wedges and coat the mixture with help of a spoon.
- Prepare the mixture with flour, egg, bread crumbs in different plates.
- Take the coated tomato wedges, dip it in the flour then in egg twice and followed with coating of bread crumbs.
- Put them in the air fryer and cook at 180 degree C for 2 minutes.
- Take them out of the air fryer, coat with oil and again put and cook at 160 degree C for another 3 minutes.
- Sprinkle grated cheese on the top of the wedges.
Few interesting tips in encouraging kids to eat vegetables:
- Make your kids choose the vegetables they like to eat.
- Presentation is a very important factor to attract the kids to eat food.
- While garnishing the food, use different colors which look great on the plate.
- Give new dimension and twist in taste in cooking healthy and nutrition vegetables that they do not like to eat.
Do try making this recipe. You could always reach me at my website for more amazing nutritious and enticing snack recipes at: www.vahrehvah.com
Enjoy Cooking and always remember that: “VahrehVah is all about inspiring others to cook”!