- Pressure cook the daal for one to two whistles taking care to see that the daal is not over cooked.
- Mix the wheat flour with water similar to chapathi dough.
- To the cooked daal add salt, onions, green chillies, cumin seeds, cliantro , amchur powder, chilli powder and mix well.
- Make a small puri out of the dough and add a table spoon of the stuffing. Reroll into the form of chapathi.
- Fry on tawa adding oil until golden brown on both sides.
Serve hot with a dab of butter. Goes well with any gravy and a bowl of plain or seasoned curds.