1. Pick and wash the gram and soak for one hour.
2.Roast and powder coriander ,red chilies ,turmeric and cumin.
3.Grind together ginger and garlic . Grind seperately the coconut and poppy seeds .
4. Chop onions fine . Put minced meat in to vessel ;add curry powder ,ginger and garlic paste and all but 10 gm of the chopped onions .
5.Cook over moderate heat till minced meat is cooked .Add bengal gram along with the water in which it is soaked .
6. When gram is well boiled ,add coconut and poppy seeds paste and salt ,diluted in a cup of water .
7. Simmer for half an hour .Add tamarind juice .
8. Simmer for another 5 to 10 minutes . If gravy gets thick ,add more water and bring to a boil .
9. Add washed and chopped coriander leaves .Remove from the fire .
10 . Heat oil or fat .When it starts to smoke ,add the remaining finely chopped onions ,clove and cinnamon stick .
11. When onions brown ,pour a spoon of the gravy into the fry pan .
12. Mix well and add to the curry.Stir well .