A very popular aloo chaat found in delhi which is a famous mouth watering street food with lots of different flavor of sweet, sour and spicy. Aloo Chat is a very popular, mouth-watering street food that is available at every street corner in and around Delhi. This chaat is amazingly made by boiling and deep frying few potatoes that is sprinkled over with some exotic, spicy, flavorful freshly ground chaat masala spices, finely chopped colorful tomatoes, onions, green chillies, added with little awesome sweet, sour and tangy chutneys like sweet chutney, mint chutney, drizzled with little yogurt, red chilli powder, coriander leaves and dash to lemon juice.
There are various ways of making aloo chat, this is one delectable variation that tastes extremely good for people who crave for spicy and chat-pata food to eat. This is also an ideal dish to delight your palate on a monsoon day to give some heat to your body with its blend of flavors bursting into your taste buds. Chaat is one food item that you can eat anytime. It is also a refreshing and comforting appetizer too. They are the most convenient foods that can be prepared in a jiffy to satisfy your hunger pranks, easy to pick and eat and an alluring crowd pleaser dish.
Recipe: Delhi Style Aloo Chat
- Potatoes - 3 nos
- Peppercorns - 1 tsp
- Coriander seeds - 1 tsp
- Dry Red Chilli - 4 nos
- Cumin Seeds - 1 tsp
- Carom seeds - ½ tsp
- Pomegranate pd - 1 tsp
- Black Salt - ½ tsp
- Salt - to taste
- Oil for deep frying - 2 cup
- Tomatoes, chopped - 2 nos
- Onions, chopped - 1 no
- Green chillies, chopped - 2 nos
- Sweet Chutney - 2 tbsp
- Mint chutney - 2 tbsp
- Yogurt - 3 tbsp
- Red chilli pd - ½ pd
- Coriander, chopped - ½ bunch
- Lime juice - 2 nos
- Boil the potatoes and cut into quarters.
- In a hot pan, add peppercorns, coriander seeds, dry red chillies, cumin seeds, carom seeds. Dry roast all these ingredients and allow it to cool.
- In a blender, add the roasted ingredients, add pomegranate powder, black salt, regular salt and blend to make a fine powder.
- Heat oil in a pan, add boiled potato pieces and deep fry until they turn golden in colour.
- Transfer the fried potatoes in a bowl, sprinkle the masala mix and plate them.
- In this, add chopped tomatoes, onions, green chillies, sweet chutney, mint chutney, yogurt and again some sweet and mint chutney.
- Finally sprinkle some red chilli powder, chopped coriander leaves, lemon juice and serve.
This chat has a brilliant balance of relishes, mixing of sweet and tangy chutneys, fresh herby flavors, spiciness from the chillies, a striking thrill from the chaat masala hitting your taste buds and yogurt soothing the overall flavors to comfort the palate too. Chaat as a popular street food is available in most parts of India, especially Delhi and Mumbai are the fast moving hubs where you find people thronging for their favourite chaats.
Some of the very popular chaats are Bhel puri, Pani puri, Papadi Chaat, Samosa Chaat, Aloo tikki, Ragda patties et. Every chaat has its distinctive chaat bursting with wonderful tangs. Who would not like to eat an appetizing chaat like this that bounds to get the taste buds jumping for more? Do try this and enjoy the fantastic flavours. Next time when your kids ask for a yummy chat then do try this dish encouraging them to eat healthy and fresh food.
If you wish to look out for many more appetizing and exotic recipes, feel free to click at: www.vahrehvah.com
My rating: 4 stars: ★★★★☆ 1 review(s)
You could always reach me at my below links: My Cooking Videos Indian Recipes Indian Food Regional Indian Cuisines VahChef Sanjay Thumma
Enjoy Cooking and always remember that: “VahrehVah is all about inspiring others to cook”!