- In a bowl put in the rice, channa dal, toor dal, dry red chilies and curry leaves. Add water, wash the ingredients nicely once and drain off the water.
- Put in the asafoetida, salt, and water till all the lentils are soaked properly and rest aside for at least for 3-4 hrs.
- Drain the water and grind them in a blender to a fine paste (like dosa batter). The batter needs no fermentation.
- Take a flat non-stick pan and pour 1 spatula batter in the pan and spread evenly from inside out in the shape of a dosa/ thin round plate.
- Drizzle some oil at the edges of the dosa adai and in the center. Cook it on medium flame.
- Brown it on one side and then flip over to the other side for a minute.
Serve hot with sambar, coconut chutney or some spicy chutney.