Home made Kheema Naans A delicious Indian style tandoor type of bread (mini naan) topped with spiced meat, fresh herbs, ginger, garlicky and cheesy flavour, air fried until done to give a mystical taste of delectable flavours delighting your taste buds to eat more. Keema Naan is popular unleavened flat bread stuffed with flavored minced meat. It is very popular dish in Punjab and other states of India.
Keema Naan is one of the delicious foods eaten in the Afghanistan and other Asian subcontinent countries. It’s awesome in taste with a finger licking recipe. This is often served either during breakfast or dinner. The chopped pieces of meat we call ‘Kheema ‘or ‘keema’, is embedded in the naan and baked in the tandoor. Keema, Kheema or Qeema is a traditional meat dish of Pakistan and India. Originally this word meant minced meat. It is typically minced-lamb or goat curry with peas or potatoes.
Keema can be made from almost any meat, can be cooked by stewing or frying, and can be formed into kababs. Keema is also sometimes used as a filling for samosas or naan. Naan is very popular North Indian bread baked in a tandoor. It goes very well with rich creamy Indian gravies and is one of the most liked breads served in Indian Restaurants or Dhabas. This homemade mini Kheema Naan is a unique recipe recreating the sense of baking this popular Indian bread in the Philips airfryer yet retaining its soft chewy texture at home.
Using the same recipe for the dough in making the naan and topping it with spiced mutton mince and cheese, air frying the food with technology makes it just superb, easy to cook and mess-free. By this you can make a delicious and yummy Kheema naan right in your kitchen with no less than the ones served in any fancy restaurant. Just go ahead and try, it worth the effort.
Recipe of Home made Kheema Naans:
Sugar – ½ tsp
Yeast – ½ tsp
Milk – 2 tbsp
Water – ¼ glass
Yogurt – ¼ cup
Oil – 1 tsp
Salt – pinch
Flour – 1 cup
Mince meat - 200 gms
Onion, chopped - 1 no
Garlic, chopped - ½ tsp
Ginger, chopped - ½ tsp
Green chillies, chopped - 1 – 2 nos
Bell pepper, chopped - 1 tbsp
Coriander, chopped - 1 tbsp
Mint leaves, chopped - ½ tbsp
chilli pd - 1 tsp
Garam masala - pinch
Tomatoes, chopped - 1 no
Cream - 1 tbsp
Salt - to taste
Pepper, freshly crushed - little
Lemon juice - 1 no
Beaten egg (for egg wash) - 1 no
- In a mixing bowl, add sugar, yeast, milk, water and mix together.
- Add yogurt and mix. Add little oil, pinch of salt, all-purpose flour and mix to make soft dough (like the pizza dough). Rest this dough for 40 mins.
- In another bowl, add mince meat, onions, garlic, ginger, green chillies, bell peppers, coriander, mint leaves, chilli pd, pinch of garam masala, tomatoes, cream, pinch of salt, freshly crushed pepper and combine all ingredients together. Sprinkle some lime juice and mix again.
- Sprinkle some flour over the dough and divide them into equal portions.
- With help of a rolling pin, roll the dough to a puri size and stretch a bit like a mini naan and keep aside.
- Give an egg wash over the mini naan.
- Spread the mince meat mixture evenly over the naan and sprinkle some grated cheese on the top.
- Preheat the Philips Airfryer at 200 degree C for 3 minutes.
- Open the basket and place the naans inside. Drizzle little oil over the naan and air fry for 5-6 minutes at 180 degree C until done.
- Remove and serve hot.
You could always reach me at my website for more amazing nutritious and enticing Indian flat bread recipes at: www.vahrehvah.com Enjoy Cooking and always remember that: “VahrehVah is all about inspiring others to cook”!