1. Clean and cut fish into slices.
2. Bake onions in the oven or in hot ash.
3. Roast together dry coconut.
4. Grind the masala with the onions to a thick paste,
5. Soak tamarind in hot water. Squeeze out puip.
6. Heat oil. Add a fewqseeds of cumin, asafoetida, curry leaves.
7. Remove pan from fire. Add ground paste.
8. Return to fire. Fry well.
9. Add tamarind pulp and salt. Cook for 10 minutes.
10. Add sliced pieces of fish.
11. Cook till fish is done.
12. Serve garnished with chopped coriander leaves.