Every thing about Famous Indian Soup Recipes | Vahrehvah :
when it comes to turning a few basic ingredients into a delicious bowl of meal, Soup is possibly the simplest and most satisfying form of cooking. Soup is a perfect solution for healthy foods and to maintain fit. Soups are essentially considered as health foods as they make use of a wide variety of vegetables and are served as appetizers or if served in bigger bowl makes good as a full meal. The term soup derives from “sop,” a piece of bread upon which broth (soups made by simmering flavorful ingredients in water or stock) was poured. Soups are a delight especially during the rainy and winter seasons.
Ancient Greece was the earliest nation to drink soup. Since ancient times it was discovered that boiling meat and vegetables in water cause their nutrients to be released into the water. It’s not just the Chinese that love to make soup but there are many cultures that have also recognized its efficiency especially for colds and flu.
Soups play major role in all cuisines. Many soups such as tomato and sweet corn soups have taken the front page in our Indian restaurants menu and are perfect to start your meal with. Generally, the soup includes a chicken base, shredded meat, fruit, vegetables, cream, Indian spices, and, of course, curry. It’s truly a comfort food, refreshing, full and flavors and aroma. Soups are divided into two broad categories: clear soups and thick soups like a creamed soup. There are a variety of soups with different ingredients. Below I am sharing some of the famous and popular Indian soup recipes that I love to make and eat-
- Tomato Soup: Tomato ranks among the top three flavors of soup whereas in India Tomato soup is the most popular dish among the large population of vegetarians. Be it from the Indian restaurants to the Indian railways, tomato soup is popularly available everywhere. It is one of the tastiest soups, juicy and tangy to taste with a nice aroma of ripe tomatoes and basil.
- Leek Potato Soup: It is a smooth, thick, creamy vegetable soup, full of flavors, refreshing as well as a comforting food. This classic soup is made with leeks and potato sautéed with butter and cooked with chicken stock that enhances the taste of the soup. A bowl of soup and a couple of garlic toast makes a light and satisfying meal.
- Mutton Bones Rasam: It is a luscious, flavorful, tangy and spicy soup made of tender mutton bones and fat cooked with aromatic spices, that every sip you take will tickle your taste buds. Every mutton piece when eaten would burst out with flavorful juices and dribble you asking for more. This dish goes well with naan or rice.
- Lentil and Meat Soup:This is a famous Moroccan soup, made with lamb, onion, lentils and stock cooked together. This is a lighter version of a traditional soup used to break the fast during Ramadan season.
- Chicken Rasamor Kozhi rasam: It is a popular south Indian soup preparation, made with chicken stock flavored with garlic, pepper and cumin seeds.
- Tomato Egg Drop Soup: A Chinese soup of wispy beaten eggs in boiled chicken broth. Condiments such as black pepper or white pepper, finely chopped scallions and tofu are also commonly added into this soup.
- Cream of Fresh Mushroom Soup: It is a basic soup where roux is thinned with cream or milk and then mushrooms and/or mushroom broth are added. It is well known in North America as a common type of condensed canned soup.
- Tomato Shorba:Shorba is a delicious variety of soup or stew found in national cuisines across Eurasia. The term shorba simply means gravy which is more of a soupy consistency and is served with naan, roti, pav etc. Shorba can be made in various ways for example using lentils, vegetables or meat. Traditionally they were mainly non-vegetarian shorbas which were brought to India by the Mughals and later reinvented in various vegetarian recipes.
- Indian Soup Mullligatawny:This fantastic dish is a curry flavored soup of the Anglo-Indian origin. Mulligatawny translated from Tamil means ‘pepper water’ as Milagu means pepper and Thanni means water. This popular Anglo Indian dish is actually similar to the Milagu Rasam (Pepper rasam) prepared by the Tamilians families.
- Roasted Pumpkin and Tomato Soup: Itis one of the most flavorful dishes that has intense essence of the roasted pumpkin, tomato, onions and spices blended together making this soup thick, creamy and velvety.
- Tomato Saar: Tomato soup from Maharashtra called as tomato saar. It is little variation to the tomato soup. In most of the Maharashtrian weddings or functions, tomato saar is served with Pulav or Masale bhat. It is very comforting to drink a bowl of tomato saar in winter.
- Salsa Soup – Raw Rasam: This is a traditional Andhra recipe, basically a raw sweet and sour soup. It can be prepared very easily and served with hot rice, mudda pappu along with papad.
- Harabara Channa Soup: A delicious, refreshing and nutritious recipe consists of black chickpeas as the basis for this soup broth cooked along with few aromatic spices.
- Chincheche Saar – Tamarind Saar: Soup in Marathi, which is very similar to the taste of rasam from southern India. This soup is made from tamarind juice, spices, sweetened with little sugar or jaggery and seasoned with a flavorful tadka.
- Addition of cream gives the soup a rich and fresh mouth feel.
- For a thinner soup, strain the soup so that all the vegetable pieces are removed.
- You can adjust the seasonings according to your taste levels.
- There is an age old saying that healthysoups aids digestion likes the Pepper Rasam, Lemon Rasam
- Soupsare low calorie healthy foods for people who want to lose weight and keep fit.
- Through soup,the body can absorb and assimilate nutrients quickly without having to digest and break down the meat and vegetables.
- Soup is an ultimate and finest way to get hold of loads of nutrients minus the calories.
- Soup relieves coughs and sore throats because of the gentle heat from the soup improve blood circulation near the throat and windpipe.
- The inclusion of various nutritious vegetables also provides much needed supplements to boost the immunity system.
Hence if you do not like eating, Healthy and Delightful flavor of elegant soups make a perfect choice. Do give it a try and you’ll surely enjoy relishing all the soup recipes.