[caption id="attachment_1920" align="alignleft" width="400" caption="Garlic Pepper Veg Balls"]
Garlic pepper Veg balls
, a dish that is specially made for the vegetarians. This is the Indian version of vegetarian dish substituting for the meat balls. This dish is designed and prepared especially for all those vegetarians who do not eat meat. The main ingredients in this dish are the Garlic and fresh crushed black pepper.
is an excellent ingredient used for both culinary and medicinal purposes. Garlic is also considered a good herbal wonder food having many medicinal properties. It has a powerful antioxidant effect hence can help to protect the body against damaging. In olden days, people would use garlic to prevent themselves against common cold and flu as it’s a natural antiseptic. Garlic contains a chemical called Allicin proved to have numerous health benefits.
Garlic is widely used for its pungent flavor as seasoning or condiment. It is an important ingredient for various dishes and extensively used in countries like South Asia, Eastern Asia, Middle East, Northern Africa, Southern Europe and Central America. Garlic is paired with onions, tomato, green chillies or ginger. Garlic helps in preventing heart diseases, high cholesterol, high blood pressure and cancer.
Another important ingredient in this dish is the Black pepper giving spicy flavor to the dish, extensively cultivated in India. Pepper
is used to preserve food and a good source of iron, potassium, vitamin C, vitamin K and dietary fibre. Black pepper is also got antibacterial properties and is a very good anti-inflammatory agent. Black pepper is good for respiratory disorders, common cold and many other diseases.
Summary: Garlic Pepper Veg Balls Recipe made easy, learn how to make Garlic pepper veg balls Recipes at home.
- bottle gourd - 1 - cup
- bread crums 1 - tbsp
- butter - 1 - tsp
- carrot - 1 - cup
- chilli powder -0
- curry leaves - 1 - springs
- egg - 1 -number
- garlic - 10 - number
- ginger garlic paste - 1 - tsp
- Green chillies - 2 - number
- Green coriander leaves - 1 - bottle
- Oil - 1 - tbsp
- onion - 1 - number
- pepper - 1 - tsp
- raw banana - 2 - number
- salt - 0 - as per taste
- soy sauce - 1 - tsp
- spring onion - 1 - number
- turmeric - 0 - pinch
- zeera - 0 - pinch
- First Boil the Banana and peel and grate, carrot grate, bottle gourd
- In a pan add oil, zeera, onion 3/4, salt, gingergarlice paste, turmuric mix well then add carrot grated, bottle gourd grated,mix all and switch off the flame.
- Now add chilli powder, coriander powder, dry mango powder, now add grated banana, mix well and make a small dumplings of all the mixture.If required add egg,bread crums and make balls.
- Once the dumplings are ready bake it for 320 f heat for 20min.
- Now in the same pan add little butter add garlic,green chillies chopped very fine, mix well then add onion chopped, curry leaves chopped, chilli powder, dry mango powder, mix well then add crush pepper, chopped spring onion, coriander leaves, soy sauce mix well then add the baked dumplings and tos it for 3-5 min and serve hot.
Cooking time (duration): 25
Diet type: Vegetarian
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: snack
Recipe by Vahchef
Garlic pepper veg ball is quite a healthy dish and is prepared combining grated plantains, carrots, bottle gourd and spices. Other vegetables like peas, cauliflower etc can also be added. The dish consumes very little oil thus not much fat as the dish is baked and than seasoned with lots of chopped garlic, little onions, green chillies, curry leaves, dry mango powder, crushed pepper and spring onions. An awesome dish that combines all flavors like the spiciness, pungent ness and tanginess together. If you want to give a little more strength to the dish you can add egg and bread crumbs to it. They are optional.
An excellent and delicious snack for the kids. It’s quite a simple dish to prepare and affordable as most of the ingredients would be available at every kitchen.