Every thing about Rethink Your Drink | Vahrehvah :
What Do You Drink? It Makes More Difference Than You Think!
Calories in drinks are not hidden (they're listed right on the Nutrition Facts label), but many people don't realize just how many calories in beverages can contribute to their daily intake. When it comes to weight loss, there's no lack of diets promising fast results. There are low-carb diets, high-carb diets, low-fat diets, grapefruit diets, cabbage soup diets, and blood type diets, to name a few. But no matter what diet you may try, to lose weight, you must take in fewer calories than your body uses.
Most people try to reduce their calorie intake by focusing on food, but another way to cut calories may be to think about what you drink. Nowadays with the large varieties of sugary beverages available on stands would naturally drive you crazy and tempted in buying. It is very difficult to make healthy choices especially when there are so many options readily available. Some of the drinks you can try are:
- Lemon Concentrate : Homemade concentrate will save you from the over-sweet, chemically enhanced, frozen juice concentrate available at your local grocery store, and will ensure that no matter what the season, a fresh glass of lemonade is available in minutes.
- Love Potion : Home remedy to Viagra an excellent beverage made with juice from the rind of watermelon which is rich in potassium, zinc etc. A little dash of honey added into the juice will do great wonders in the taste.
- Manzanita juice : The juice is high in Vitamin C that helps to prevent cardiovascular disease, strokes, and cancer. Manzanita juice is a 100% fruit juice that is refreshing, natural taste and a nutrient filled beverage. It is a well-balanced juice providing vitamins and minerals like potassium, vitamin C and folate.
- Spinach Iron Juice : Spinach is high in vitamin A and C, and is one of only four vegetables that are also high in vitamin E. It’s also a good source of choline, calcium, iron, potassium and folic acid. Spinach is surprisingly high in protein per calorie.
- Carrot Lassi : Healthy as well as a tasty drink. Easy to make beverage within minutes with the ingredients already available in your pantry in just a jiffy. You could strain the juice or you could prepare with the fiber too. Colourful delicious cool lassi to beat the summer heat.
- Apple Juice Combo : Make a high protein very tasty apple juice smoothie using egg. In addition to these, this recipe also uses honey to increase health quotient.
- Mango Juice with Cantaloupe : Mango juice with Cantaloupe (musk melon) is an exceptional and delicious summer cooler combo made with raw green mango juice blended with some pieces of melon. This drink is usually served chilled. It is a lovely refreshing and soothing drink that is known to fight the intense heat during the summer months and gives instant energy.
- Summer Paradise : Summer Paradise is a thick, velvety, lip-smacking, refreshing sweet-smelling summer fresh juice that gives a nice creamy and sweet flavor boosting your energy levels and lifts you away to Paradise. A truly divine and mystical cooled summer drink! It is a mix of an apple, pineapple and few strawberries along with some ice cubes blended well together in the juicer to make a thick, mouth-watering power packed colorful summer drink.
What you drink makes a bigger difference to your health than you think. Drinks like soda, sports drinks and energy drinks are loaded with sugar and are empty calories. Drinking them can be harmful to your health and may lead to obesity, heart disease and diabetes. Consider drinking water and other healthier options instead.
Now that you know how much difference a drink can make, here are some ways to make smart beverage choices:
- Choose water diet, or low-calorie beverages instead of sugar-sweetened beverages.
- For a quick, easy, and inexpensive thirst-quencher, carry a water bottle and refill it throughout the day.
- Don’t “stock the fridge” with sugar-sweetened beverages. Instead, keep a jug or bottles of cold water in the fridge.
- Read the nutritional facts label and choose the right foods with less total sugars.
- Make water more exciting by adding slices of lemon, lime, cucumber, or watermelon. Add a splash of 100% juice to plain sparkling water for a refreshing, low-calorie drink.
- When you do opt for a sugar-sweetened beverage, go for the small size. Some companies are now selling 8-oz. cans and bottles of soda, which contain about 100 calories.
Be a role model for your friends and family by choosing healthy, low-calorie beverages.