How to makeKarhi?How to cookKarhi?Learn the recipeKarhiby vahchef.For all recipes visit vahrehvah.com
How to make Karhi1
0 reviews so far
Prep time mins
Cook time mins
Total time mins
Author : Vahchef
Main Ingredient : Flour
Servings : 0 persons
Published date : September 17, 2007
Ingredients used in Karhi
• Gram Flour (Besan) 1 Cup.
• Plain Yogurt 1/2 Pound.
• Red Chilli Powder (Pisi Lal Mirch 1 Teaspoons.
• Salt To Taste.
• Curry Leaves (Karhi Pattay) 3 Numbers.
• Cooking Oil 3 Tablespoons.
• Coriander Seeds (Saabut Dhania) 1 Teaspoons.
• Tamarind Paste (Imli) 1/4 Teaspoons.
• Green Chillies 1 Tablespoons.
• Fresh Cilantro (Hara Dhania) Tablespoons.
• Cumin Seeds (Saabut Sufaid Zeera) 1 Teaspoons.
• Onion 1 Numbers.
• Garlic (Lehsan) 3 Clove.
• Ginger (Adrak) 1 Piece.
How to make the recipe:
Thinly slice the onion. Heat oil in a pot and add the sliced onions to it. Make a paste of the Garlic,Ginger and Green Chillis and add this to the onions. Lightly grind Cumin and Coriander seeds and mix in onions and garlic mixture and cook on medium heat.
Add the Red Chillies, Salt, Curry leaves, and Tamarind Paste and fry for another 5-10 minutes.
Meanwhile, Mix 1 cup of Gram Flour in the plain yogurt and make into a smooth paste by adding small amouts of water at a time. Add this yogurt mixture in onions and mix and cook by constantly mixing. Keep mixing until it starts to come to a boil. Then turn heat level low and leave it to cook slowly until it thickens.