Khara Pongal Recipe, How To Make Khara Pongal Recipe
How to makeKhara Pongal?How to cookKhara Pongal?Learn the recipeKhara Pongalby vahchef.For all recipes visit vahrehvah.com
How to make Khara Pongal
1 reviews so far
prep time 30 mins
Cook time 15 mins
Total time 45 mins
Author : Vahchef
Main Ingredient : Dall
Servings : 0 persons
Published date : September 12, 2007
Ingredients used in Khara Pongal
• Cumin Seeds, Pepper Powder each 1 Teaspoons.
• Dry Coconut Flakes 2 Tablespoons.
• Chopped Green Chilli 3-4 Numbers.
• Cashewnuts 10-12 Numbers.
• Rice 1 Cup.
• Moong Daal 1 Cup.
• Turmeric Powder 1/2 Teaspoons.
• Salt To Taste.
• Water 3-3 1/2 Cup.
How to make the recipe:
1. Take a cooker and heat two tbsp of oil in it. 2. Wash moong daal and the rice and keep it separately. 3. Roast cashew in the oil and keep aside. 4. Now, add mustard seeds and cummin seeds. 5. When the mustard seeds start to crackle, add green chilli and fry for a few seconds. 6. Now, add the moong daal and fry for a minute. 7. Add water and the washed rice. 8. Also add coconut, salt and turmeric powder. 9. Close the cooker and allow it to whistle thrice. 10. After the cooker cools down, add the pepper powder, cashews and chopped cilantro leaves.