Kothimbir Vadi Recipe 2, How To Make Kothimbir Vadi Recipe
How to makeKothimbir vadi?How to cookKothimbir vadi?Learn the recipeKothimbir vadiby vahchef.For all recipes visit vahrehvah.com
How to make Kothimbir vadi2
4 reviews so far
Prep time mins
Cook time mins
Total time mins
Author : asini85
Main Ingredient : Flour
Servings : 0 persons
Published date : August 24, 2007
Ingredients used in Kothimbir vadi
• cilantro/coriander leaves 1 Bunch.
• gram flour 1 Cup.
• rice flour 1 Tablespoons.
• bhajani 1/4 Cup.
• green chilies 10 Numbers.
• ginger 1 Piece.
• garlic 4 Clove.
• roasted sesame seeds 1 Teaspoons.
• roasted poppy seeds 1 Teaspoons.
• lemon juice 1 Teaspoons.
• turmeric powder 1 Teaspoons.
• asafoetida 1/4 Teaspoons.
• garam masala 1 Teaspoons.
• Sodium Bicarbonate (Soda) 1/4 Teaspoons.
• salt To Taste.
• Oil To Fry.
How to make the recipe:
1. Chop coriander leaves finely. Mix in gram flour, bhajani and rice flour.
2. Grind chilies, ginger and garlic into a fine paste. Add this paste, sesame seeds, poppy seeds, lemon juice, garam masala, turmeric powder, asafoetida and salt to the above mixture.
3. Add some water to make a thick batter (dosa batter consistency) and mix well. Remove the lumps.
4. Grease a flat vessel. Pour the batter into the vessel.
6. In a pressure cooker, steam (without using the weight) for about 25 minutes. Or grease a microwavable container and pour the batter into it. Microwave cook the batter for 5-7 minutes (Microwave settings may vary)
7. Remove and insert a needle into it to check if it is done. Let cool and cut square shaped pieces.
8. Heat oil in a deep frying pan. Deep fry the pieces in hot oil. Remove when golden brown and crisp. Serve hot as an appetizer.