Lauki soya nuggets stir fry is a brilliant, flavorful and highly appetizing side dish made combining soya granules, bottle gourd. Lauki or Ghia is a very versatile squash cooked in most Indian homes. It is a very light, easy to cook vegetable having cooling properties and easily digestible. Lauki or bottle gourd is rich in fiber, essential minerals, iron and protein. You can make a variety of low calorie dishes as the vegetable is low in calories. You could also make a variety of savory and sweet dishes with this vegetable.
The goodness of bottle gourd is that it blends well with all these aromatic flavours and taste absolutely yum on bite. Soya granules or meal maker is a fantastic soft fibrous vegetable matter resembling soft meat texture. High in proteins, soya chunks is an amazing ingredient for most vegetarian. It is often added to pulaos, awesome kurma type masala curries as it tastes like meat preparation. Dishes like soya vada or parathas are also prepared with soya chunks. This vegetable protein from the soya bean is a good fiber food enabling easy digestion and bowel movement.
Recipe: Lauki Soya Nuggets Stir Fry
- Soya Granules - 200 gms
- Green Chillies, chopped - 3-4 nos
- Salt - to taste
- Bottle gourd, finely chopped - 1 cup
- Potato, boiled & grated - 1 cup
- Chickpea flour - 2-3 tbsp
- Oil for deep frying - 2-3 cups
- Butter - 1 tbsp
- Garlic, chopped - 1 tsp
- Ginger, chopped - 1 tsp
- Onions, chopped - 1 no
- Dill leaves, finely chopped - 1 bunch
- Tomatoes, chopped - 1-2 nos
- Turmeric powder - ¼ tsp
- Coriander powder - ½ tsp
- Cumin powder - ½ tsp
- Red Chilli powder - 1 tsp
- Garam masala powder - pinch
- Lime juice - 1 no
- Soak soya granules in water for few minutes and then squeeze and put the granules in a bowl.
- Add chopped green chillies, salt, finely chopped bottle gourd, boiled and grated potato and mix well.
- Add some chickpea flour and mix well. Take some mixture and shape them into small patty or nugget shape. Make all the nuggets and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a kadai, drop the nuggets one by one in the hot oil and fry until crisp and golden in color.
- For making the butter sauce; in a pan, add some chopped garlic, ginger and onions. Sauté and then add some butter. Sauté the ingredients well.
- While the butter is melting, add in some finely chopped dill or soya leaves, little tomatoes pieces and cook well till the tomatoes are mashed.
- Add some turmeric powder, chilli powder, coriander powder, cumin powder and very little of garam masala. Mix all ingredients and add in the fried soya nuggets and toss well.
- Add some lime juice over the fried nuggets, toss again and serve hot.
Do try preparing this dish, am sure you’ll henceforth make it a regular dish to delight your family. It’s worth making as it’s nutritionally good and also tastes extremely fantastic. You could eat with any type of Indian flat breads or rice.
To try more mouth-watering and appetizing dishes of your choice, do click on:
My rating: 4 stars: ★★★★☆ 1 review(s)
You could always reach me at my below links:
My Cooking Videos Indian Recipes Indian Food Regional Indian Cuisines VahChef Sanjay Thumma
Enjoy Cooking and always remember that: “VahrehVah is all about inspiring others to cook”!