- In a heavy saucepan, bring stock to a boil over high heat.
- Add washed lentils, choppedonion, tomato and garlic paste, reduce heat to low and simmer paritally covered for 45 minutes or until lentils are tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet, melt 1 tbsp. oil over moderate heat. Add chopped onions andsaute it until get brown. Set aside off the heat.
- Add in cumin, salt and pepper.
- Just before serving, addthe remaining oil.
To serve, ladle the soup into a heated tureen, sprinkle lightly with reserved browned onions and serve the lemon wedges separately.