Mac and Cheese Nuggets A classic macaroni and cheese snack that is made simply with grated cheese, milk, flour, macaroni, mushroom, infused with some garlicky and parsley flavours which is all combined together made into quick-fix balls and air fried until slightly golden in color and crisp on the exterior side. This has a fantastic cheesy and creamy texture inside with the goodness of some gooey cheese that kids would love to relish.
These are absolutely guilt-free extraordinaire nuggets air fried giving an amazing texture outside to look at and mushy inside with the creamy cheese flowing into your palate on bite. It is extremely a divine and satisfying feeling which kids would literally grab to eat the whole nuggets. A slightly and pleasant essence of nutmeg infused into the nuggets is very refreshing and tastes great. Truly a great fresh recipe, healthy and nutritious to eat, oil-free and a great party snack or appetizer! Using new technologies to cook good and healthy food is absolutely a plus point and more over mess-free and makes a good meal with hardly any effort.
Do try making such comfort foods that will keep your kids on toes.
Recipe of Mac and Cheese Nuggets:
Macaroni – 1 cup
Butter – 30 gms
Flour – 30 gms
Butter - 1 tbsp
Garlic, finely chopped - 1 tsp
Mushroom, chopped - ¼ cup
Dry parsley - ½ tsp
Milk - 80 ml
Pepper powder - ½ tsp
Salt - to taste
Cheese, grated - ¼ cup
Bread Crumbs (optional) - 1 tbsp
Nutmeg powder - pinch
Egg, beaten - 2 no
- Bring large pot of water to a boil. Salt water and cook macaroni to al dente.
- To make a blonde roux – Take a pan, and add butter. When the butter melts, add flour and cook well till the raw flavours of the flour is gone and forms a soft paste.
- Add finely chopped garlic, chopped mushrooms, parsley, milk and cook until it becomes a thick consistency.
- Add al dente macaroni, pepper, salt and combine all together well.
- Switch off the flame, add grated cheese and mix well.
- Add bread crumbs if the mixture is too tight or moist.
- Drizzle some nutmeg powder and mix.
- Allow the mixture to cool down and take some amount of the mixture and shape them into roundels and keep aside.
- Drop the dumplings in beaten egg and coat well and then toss them over the bread crumbs.
- Preheat the Philips airfryer at 180 degree C for 3 mins.
- Open the basket and place the dumplings inside. Fry the dumplings at 180 degree C for 4 mins.
- After 4 minutes, pull out the basket, brush over with little oil and re-fry for another 4 mins.
- Remove and serve hot.
Macaroni is one of the earliest forms of pasta, short tubular shaped with holes down the middle. On cooking, they are soft and give a better texture to the dish. Macaroni are cooked in salted boiling water, drained and then used in making a variety of dishes like macaroni cheese, or added in soups, salads and savoury gratins. You could always reach me at my website for more amazing nutritious and enticing recipes at: www.vahrehvah.com
Enjoy Cooking and always remember that: “VahrehVah is all about inspiring others to cook”!