Maharashtrian Bharli Vaangi Recipe 1, How To Make Maharashtrian Bharli Vaangi Recipe
How to makeMaharashtrian bharli vaangi?How to cookMaharashtrian bharli vaangi?Learn the recipeMaharashtrian bharli vaangiby vahchef.For all recipes visit vahrehvah.com
How to make Maharashtrian bharli vaangi1
0 reviews so far
prep time 30 mins
Cook time 15 mins
Total time 45 mins
Author : asini85
Main Ingredient : Brinjal Eggplant Aubergene
Servings : 0 persons
Published date : August 23, 2007
Ingredients used in Maharashtrian bharli vaangi
• chili powder To Taste.
• jaggery To Taste.
• tamarind a Pinch.
• Maharashtrian goda Masala 2 Tablespoons.
• coriander-cumin seeds 1/2 Tablespoons.
• sesame seeds 1/4 Cup.
• peanut powder 3/4 Cup.
• shredded coconut dry 1 Cup.
• round brinjals 10-12 Small.
• salt To Taste.
• ginger-garlic paste To Taste.
• asafoetida Pinch.
• turmeric powder To Taste.
How to make the recipe:
1. Remove stems and give four slits (not fully) to the brinjals. Wash them in salt water and keep aside.
2. Roast coconut, sesame seeds, coriander-cumin seeds together till light brown. Powder this mixture and mix tamarind, jaggery, peanut powder, ginger-garlic paste, salt, chili powder and goda masala into it. Alternatively, grind all these ingreadients together with the roasted mixture.
3. Fill all the brinjals with above masala.
4. In a pan heat oil and add mustard seeds. When they splutter, add asafoetida, turmeric powder.
5. Add the brinjals. Pour in some water just to cover the top of brinjals.
6. Cover and cook over medium heat for about 15 min.
7. Remove the lid and stir. Garnish with coriander leaves.