|Ingredients used in Menthe hindi ( Fenugreek green chatni)
|• Fenugreek seeds - 2.5 tablespoons.
|• Mustard seeds - 2 tablespoons.
|• Long and thin green chillies which less spicy in nature. i brought it from fiesta (usa) - 300 grams.
|• Garlic crushed - 5-6 tablespoons.
|• Salt - 3 tablespoons.
|• Turmeric - 1.5 tablespoons.
1. Soak fenugreek and mustard seeds over night or 6-7hrs at least
NOTE: we usually use turmeric root in village sie. so if ur using root then soak 1 root of turmeric along with seeds.
2. Wash n dry green chillies. cut into half.
3. crush some garlic in ding chuk and keep aside
NOTE: Dont grind garlic
4. Now grind all the ingredients except garlic. 80% smooth.
5. Add salt and adjust according to taste.
6. Now after grinding the chatni now add crushed garlic. and mix well.
7. Take this mixture in a steel container.
8. Take thin white cloth and tightly cover it over steel container.
9. Now keep this chatni in sun light daily. ( 15 days, if you can keep then keep it daily)
10. After some 4-5 days due sun light this chatni will get very nice aroma and its color will change.
11. Dont refrigerate it. You can use this chatni for 2-3 months minimum.
12. As we keep this chatni in sunlight it will not spoil.
13. Now taste chatni with rice and home made ghee. Its wow!!!!