Oats Instant Idli is a healthy way to kick start one’s day as it is considered to be a super food. This is a nutritious, healthy and hearty breakfast recipe that each one of you must try. Most of the time when we look for food which can be made instantly then we think that it may not be healthy, but the catch in this recipe is that, it is easy to make, fast to cook and at the same time is absolutely healthy and power packed with fiber, vitamins, minerals and all the nutrients that our body require to be fit and cool.
If you aren’t a big fan of oats, then this is a nice way to prepare and relish the food. The oats idli have all the goodness and benefits from the oats, semolina, veggies and curd. This highly nutritious, wholesome, high fiber, filling Instant Oats Idli is one of the healthiest breakfast food item that should be good for all. Idli is a very popular and traditional dish to south Indian cuisine.
It is a savory cake usually made with a batter consisting of fermented de-husked black lentils and rice. Semolina or Cream of Wheat may also be used for rava idli. The cakes are steamed cooked and served with coconut chutney and sambar. It is also accompanied with Milagai podi, a mixture of crushed dry spices and lentils. Idli is a very common breakfast dish that is light and easily digestible.
Oats are small, pale to look cereal commonly eaten in the form of oatmeal or rolled oats. They are mainly eaten as porridge used in breakfast cereals and in baked goods like oat bread, oat cakes and oat cookies. In India, you can use oats in making some yummy and appetizing parathas. Over the few decades, oats have become a very popular super health food.
Oats are loaded in dietary fiber and have a range of healthy cholesterol lowering properties. Oats boosts an impressive nutritional profile as it fills you up, help reduce cholesterol, is diabetes friendly as it helps to steady the levels of glucose in the bloodstream and aids healthy digestion. There are much more to oats as there are easily available, affordable and nutrient dense food that can be used.
Oats are a great source of phosphorus, selenium and manganese. They’re a good source of soluble dietary fiber, iron and magnesium, vitamin B1. Nowadays everybody needs to be health conscious because of the growing rate of health risks that we are facing due to various reasons like bad food habits, lack of exercise, stress, obesity etc. To stay healthy begins by eating healthy. Most of us begin our daily breakfast with either foods with high fat and calories. This needs to be changes and start with a non-oily nutritious breakfast like oats. Here are some amazing benefits that oats offers:
- Oats contain low level of sodium thus reduces the risk of high blood pressure.
- Eating oats keeps you much fuller and therefore you tend to eat less in your next meal.
- Oats contains very less amount of fat and calories which is absolutely good for the overall health.
- The soluble fibre present in oats tends to slow down the digestion of carbohydrates, thereby reducing the spikes in the blood sugar levels, which in turn do not lead to unwanted urges to eat.
To try this brilliant and nutritious recipe, do check the procedure below and enjoy making these easy and fast to cook Instant Vegetable Oats Idli:
Recipe of Instant Oats Idli:
Oats, ground to powder - 2 cups
Sooji/ Semolina - 1 cup
Baking soda - a pinch
Curd or Buttermilk - 1 cup
Lobia beans, finely chopped - ¼ cup
Carrot, grated - 1 no
Green Chillies, finely chopped - 3-4 nos
Green peas - ¼ cup
Ginger, finely chopped - 1 piece
Salt - to taste Little oil for greasing the Idli tray.
- Blend the oats until it becomes a fine powder.
- Put the oats powder in a bowl and add semolina. Mix well.
- Add in a pinch of baking soda and salt to taste.
- Add a cup of curd or buttermilk and mix well. If required add just enough water to make a thick idli batter. Rest this mixture aside for 10 minutes.
- Add few vegetables like lobia beans, carrot, green chillies, green peas and finely chopped ginger and mix well.
- Grease the Idli tray and pour a ladle full of idli batter in each greased depression of the idli plate and steam cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove and serve hot with any chutney of your choice.
- You can add any vegetable of your choice.
- If you wish, add few roasted cashew nuts which give a richer taste.
- The baking soda with curd will help yield fluffy, spongy idlis.
Variations of Idlis:
There are a variety of non-traditional idlis made to suit the customer’s taste and need. Some of the popular variations of Idlis that exist these days are:
Adai Idlis - No Fermentation Batter
Tava Idli On Foodies Day Out
Vegetable Adai Idli
Do try making this healthy and nutrition packed Instant Oats Idli that would surely keep you fit and strong. Eat wise, make the right food choices and eat portion sized meals. Be Fit. Be Cool! You could always reach me at my website for more amazing nutritious and healthy recipes at:
You could also follow this campaign to gain knowledge on some special features and advices from eminent doctors from AAPI (American Association of Physicians of Indian Origin) and also get to know of healthy recipes and diets from popular Chefs that you and your family can relish and enjoy staying fit and strong.
To follow, do click on:
Enjoy healthy eating and
Be Fit. Be Cool!