1. Soak chana dal for atleast 15 mins before you start cooking ( soaking reduces the time taken for cooking )
2. Wash palak leaves and drain the water
3. Pressure cook palak, chana dal and little turmeric for 15 mins ( or till the ingredients are softly cooked but not to a mashing consistency)
4. semi - mash the palak chana with little bit of water
5. take a small pan - add oil and fry sliced onions, redchilli, chana dal, urad dal, mustard seeds, garlic cloves, curry leaves till brown and add the tempering to palak chana dal mix.