The Vegetarian option of these puffs are very popular and also very easy to prepare. Paneer Puffs is similar to the Veg puff that we all must have eaten when we were kids and also eating now but with varied stuffings. Earlier Vegetable Puffs was popularly available in most bakeries but now as times, trends and styles have changes, different types of delectable, appetizing and finger-licking dishes have come into the markets tempting us to crave in eating variety of foods. Paneer puff is one such luscious and highly flavorful snack that can be easily prepared fresh at home now. Just follow the instructions right and your favourite snack is right at your table, hot, fresh and alluring to grab and delight your palate. The end result looks highly appetizing and could just drive you crazy asking for more.
Recipe: Paneer Puffs
All-purpose flour - 2 cups
Salt - 5 gms
Sugar - 10 gms
Lime juice - 1 tbsp
Water - 130 ml
Butter - 150 gms
Oil - 2 tbsp
Paneer - 200 gms
Bell pepper - 1 no
Tomatoes - 2 nos
Chilli powder - ½ tsp
Coriander powder - ¼ tsp
Salt (for stuffing) - to taste
- Take a bowl, add all-purpose flour, salt, sugar, lime juice, water and mix. Knead to make stiff dough. Add 15 gms of butter and knead, rest for 15 minutes.
- Roll the dough like a ½ inch thick sheet, apply the butter up to 3/4th part of the sheet, sprinkle some dry flour and fold like an envelope. Place the sheet in a try, cover it with a wet cloth and keep it in the fridge for 20 minutes. Repeat the same process for another 2 times.
- Now take out the sheet from the tray and apply butter and fold like a book. Cover with wet cloth and put it in the fridge for another 10 minutes.
- For stuffing: Heat little oil in pan and add finely chopped bell peppers, tomatoes, chilli powder, coriander powder, pinch of garam masala, turmeric pd, coriander leaves, salt and paneer pieces and stir fry for 2 minutes and switch off the flame.
- Cut the required piece from the dough and roll into thin sheet using dry flour. Cut into four squares and put in a spoonful of stuffing. Apply water on the edges of the square sheets and seal the edges pressing together.
- Place the puffs on the baking tray and give milk wash on top.
- Bake for 220 degree C for 20 minutes.
- Serve hot with tomato ketchup.
It is made with a simple puff pastry that is stuffed with spiced paneer and baked until crisp and golden in colour. Paneer pastry puffs have a excellent crispy, flaky texture, yummy filling and a ideal tea time snack. A best puff pastry should be light, flaky and the layers must expand when cooked leaving large air pockets inside. These puff pastries can be used for filling sweet or savory stuffing’s and baked until done. Making a puff pastry is truly a testing task that shows your expertise skills in culinary arts. Pastry puffs are added with different stuffings like mixed vegetable, kheema mixture (minced meat with spices), paneer masala or egg. The mixture or stuffing that you will be stuffing should be dry or else your pastry puff will not get crispy. Paneer is fresh cottage cheese extensively used in Indian cuisine especially in north India. It is a homemade Indian cheese that is used in making different desserts, appetizers and main course dishes. Paneer is a very versatile, soft ingredient that blends well with most rich and creamy sauces. It is usually served as an appetizer or accompaniment to a main course. It is moist and has soft crumbly texture. It is a rich source of milk protein often used in making awesome delicacies such as Sandesh, Rasgulla, Mattar paneer etc. Paneer is slightly chewy consistency and mild flavour. It hold its shape well and doesn’t melt, hence you can sauté it, grill or crumble/ grate and just do about anything to add in your dishes. Paneer also happens to be one of the easiest cheeses to make at home, requiring nothing more than milk and lemon juice. Paneer is one of the rich source of proteins for most vegetarians and are added to classic Indian dishes like kormas, curries etc. You can also pre-prep this Paneer puffs in advance, place it in the fridge and bake just before your guests arrive. This is a great dish for parties and get-togethers. Paneer dishes are popularly served as starters. There are a wide range of dry paneer recipes that tastes extremely fab and yum as starters or appetizers. Do try making this dish and I am sure your family and kids would enjoy the taste. You could also check out for your other favourite paneer recipes at: https://www.vahrehvah.com/paneer-recipes My rating: 4 stars: ★★★★☆ 1 review(s) You could always reach me at my below links: My Cooking Videos Indian Recipes Indian Food Regional Indian Cuisines VahChef Sanjay Thumma Enjoy Cooking and always remember that: “VahrehVah is all about inspiring others to cook”!