Pepper Chilli Prawns is fantastic delicate seafood that is made with small prawns combined with aromatic spices and sauces, bread crumb coated and air-fried until crisp and done. It is generally said that tiny prawns tastes exceptionally good but many love to eat jumbo prawns because of its size. Prawn fry is considered to be the signature dish of Kerala. It is very easy and tasty recipe. Tiny prawns when deep fried become into peanut size but are still very delicious and delicate in taste.
Prawns are excellent seafood next to fish blends well with other flavors and cooks in a jiffy. They are the most popular seafood’s that are low in calories having saturated fats which make it a healthier alternative to other milk proteins. Generally prawns or royyalu can be cooked in many ways such as fried, cooked in a curry style or made into fritters. They are often best served as starters and can also be served as side dish or in main course.
Recipe: Pepper Chilli Prawns – Airfryer
- Prawns, small variety - 300 gms
- Eggs, beaten - 2 tsp
- Green Chillies, finely chopped - 1 tsp
- Garlic, finely chopped - ½ tsp
- Pepper powder - ½ tsp
- Red Chilli paste - ½ tsp
- Cornstarch - 1 tsp
- All-purpose flour - 1 tsp
- Soya sauce - ¼ tsp
- Green chilli sauce - ½ tsp
- Sugar - 1 pinch
- Vinegar - 1 tsp
- In a mixing bowl, add small variety of prawns, beaten eggs, green chillies, garlic, pepper pd, red chilli paste, cornstarch pd, all-purpose flour (maida), soya sauce, green chilli sauce, sugar, vinegar, salt and lemon juice.
- Combine all the ingredients well and keep aside.
- In a plate, put some bread crumbs.
- Drop the spice coated prawns in the bread crumbs and toss well until they get coated well. Dust off excess crumb mixture and shift to another plate.
- Preheat the Airfryer at 200 degree C for 3 minutes, open the basked and drop the prawn pieces inside and air-fry at 200 degree C for 3 minutes.
- After 3 minutes, open the basket, brush the prawn pieces with little oil and again air-fry for another 3 minutes.
- Remove and serve hot.
Pan fried, stir fried, deep fry or battered fry are some of the easy and quick ways for preparing this amazing seafood. Air frying prawns is a very healthy and nutritious way of cooking the prawns. Often pepper chilli prawns are batter coated and deep fried. This generally absorbs a lot of oil and the prawns may either get over cooked or burnt. Hence air frying is a brilliant and fantastic method of cooking the pepper chilli prawns which will offer best results in taste. The outer coating of bread crumbs keeps the air-fried prawns crisp and the inner prawn is soft and juicy on bite.
These pepper chilli prawns are best suited as starters or for an impromptu dinner party. Battered spiced coated air-fried prawns are absolutely exotic, aromatic and luscious to eat. They give a comforting and refreshing savor to the palate. The most important part while cooking the prawns is retaining its exotic flavors. Prawns are very healthy and nutritious seafood, excellent source of proteins, loaded with Omega 3 fatty acids, has anti-inflammatory properties and the nutrient density of this seafood is very high and is loaded with a variety of vitamins and minerals.
They are also high in iron, zinc and vitamin E. They are the best guilt free foods that you eat to satisfy your palate. Do try making this extraordinary and delectable Pepper Chilli Prawns that will surely be a treat to your whole family. At Vahrehvah, watch out for a wide variety of air fried snacks and appetizers. This surely will keep your family in good health and is a quickie and easy snack idea that you can stir up to quick growing appetite of your children or to refresh your tired loved one and caters to your guests.
To try more easy, yummy and appetizing snack recipes, do click on: https://www.vahrehvah.com
My rating: 4 stars: ★★★★☆ 1 review(s)
You could always reach me at my below links:
My Cooking Videos
Regional Indian Cuisines
VahChef Sanjay Thumma
Enjoy Cooking and always remember that: “VahrehVah is all about inspiring others to cook”!