1. Soak strips of kudampuli in about 30 ml water descale and remove sliminess on the skin of fish usiing the blunt part of knife or brick pumice stone.
2. Wash well in several rinses of cold water using lime juice or vinger to remove fishy odour. Drain
3. Make gashes on the fish keeping them whole.
4. Apply a mixture of kudampuli, water, or vinger. Set aside for about 15 minutes.
5. Grind red chillies to a smooth paste and finley chop ginger and garlic.
6. Heat a teaspoon of oil, add ginger garlic, split curry leaves, red chilly paste, concassed tomatoes and salt.
7. Cook for few minutes.
8. Remove and apply liberally on both sides and the inside of the fish.
9. Wilt banana leaves and line a strong bottomed pan or fry pan.
10. Add the remaining oil and when hot, arrange fish on the leaf.
11. Fold over the leaf and the leaf and cook covered for about 10 minutes or until the fish is cooked.
12. Serve hot in the banana leaf with slices of bread.