1. Shell prawns. Remove instestines. Wash throughly.
2. Slice half the onions fingley.
3. Grind remaining onions with turmeric, chilli powder, garlic and ginger to a smooth paste.
4. Heat fat. Fry sliced onions till crisp and brown. Remove and drain.
5. In the same fat fry ground spices.
6. Add prawns and salt. Fry for a few minutes.
7. Add a little water cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
8. Grate coconut and extract thick milk. Add coconut milk and fried onions to prawns mixture.
9. When prawns are nearly cooked add green chillies slit with coriander leaves.