Semolina Sooji and Mixed Vegetable Idli is a brilliant and awesome instant idli that is extremely easy and fast to cook, very healthy and nutritious to eat. Semolina Sooji and Mixed Vegetable Idli is a brilliant and awesome instant idli that is extremely easy and fast to cook, very healthy and nutritious to eat. This idli is made by lightly frying seviya, sooji in ghee, subtly spiced added with varied nutritious vegetable giving an exotic taste and savor to the idli.
This variety of mixed vegetable instant Idli is an ideal choice to be fed to the kids especially to those who are fussy about eating veggies and hate eating idlis. There are many kids who do not eat idli, this recipe will surely tempt them in eating and is also appetizing and yummy. A fantastic recipe that is mess-free, has no grinding and fermenting process and is extremely quick to prepare.
Recipe: Semolina Suji and Vegetable Idli
- Semiya or Seviya - 1 cup
- Sooji or Semolina - 1 cup
- Ghee - 1 tbsp
- Mustard seeds - ½ tsp
- Dry red chillies - 3-4 pieces
- Cumin seeds - ½ tsp
- Cashew nuts - 5-6 nos
- Carrots, finely chopped - 2 tbsp
- Beans, finely chopped - 2 tbsp
- Green Chillies, chopped - 3-4 nos
- Ginger, finely chopped - 1 tsp
- Coriander leaves, chopped - ½ bunch
- Salt - to taste
- Baking pd or cooking soda - pinch
- Buttermilk - 1 cup
- In a kadai, heat little ghee, add mustard seeds and when they crackle, add red chillies, cumin seeds, cashew nuts and fry.
- Add seviya and fry for few minutes. Add sooji, mix and fry until they are nicely roasted.
- Add finely chopped carrot pieces, beans, green chillies, ginger, coriander leaves and mix well. Switch off the flame.
- Shift this whole mixture in a mixing bowl. Add salt, buttermilk and mix until it becomes a thick batter.
- Sprinkle very little soda and mix quickly.
- Pour a spoon full of batter in each of the idli mould and steam cook in your Idli steamer for 10 minutes.
- Remove and serve hot with coconut chutney.
Semolina Suji and Vegetable Idli is a wonderful dish which can be served for breakfast or evening tiffin savoring with different flavors and tastes. This also will be the best dish to serve those finicky eaters who do not like to repeat the same breakfast again or eat variety of foods. This awesomely flavorful idli can be eaten on its own or serve with coconut chutney and sambar. This definitely is a wholesome meal or heavy breakfast that you can feed your kids with.
Idli is a very popular South Indian breakfast savory cake traditionally made with rice and black lentil, which is soaked, ground, fermented and then steamed. Yes, quite a bit long process, hence if you are really looking for some amazing quickie and healthy food then go ahead and try this dish. It easily digests, low in fat and calories. Also do try other variations of tasty idlis like Kancheepuram idli, Adai Idli, Tava Idli etc. If you wish to look out for many more appetizing and exotic breakfast recipes, feel free to click at: www.vahrehvah.com My rating: 4 stars: ★★★★☆ 1 review(s) You could always reach me at my below links:
My Cooking Videos Indian Recipes Indian Food Regional Indian Cuisines VahChef Sanjay Thumma
Enjoy Cooking and always remember that: “VahrehVah is all about inspiring others to cook”!