Sesame crusted Baby Corn Sesame crusted Baby Corn is an excellent finger snack made with baby corns that are inserted in skewers coated with spicy, sweet and tangy sauce, rolled over sesame seeds, then air fried for just few minutes to give a pleasant texture and taste to the sticks. They look extremely alluring and kids would surely grab to eat. This is an incredibly healthy snack, very easy to prepare and tastes absolutely great. An innovative recipe, well designed to cook the spice coated, sesame tossed baby corns in the air fryer that gives a delectable zest to the baby corns infusing all its lovely flavours into, intact to burst out its essence on eating.
The spice mix is an amalgamation of various sauces like red chilli paste, soya sauce, green chilli paste, ginger, garlic, green chillies, coriander leaves, MSG, and tomato ketchup. The spice mix is added with little star anise powder to give a lovely flavour. The ginger and garlicky flavour infused into the spice mix gives awesome zest to the dish. Roasted sesame seeds add that extra crunch with a sweet little crackling sound on bite. Baby corns are light, crunchy and generally used for making salads, stir-fries, Manchurians or added in fried rice. They add an excellent and special gourmet touch to many dishes and salads. Its miniature size is appealing, as is the taste, color and crunch.
The baby corn could be included in any stir fry dish or tossed with your favorite pasta or salad. Baby corn could also be made into delectable pakodas or fritters. Fresh sweet corn must be cooked and is generally steamed or boiled and served as a side dish. Strip off the husks and silk just before cooking. Grilled corn on the cob is a rainy season favorite. Fresh corn kernels may be used as an ingredient in soups, stews, casseroles, puddings, relishes, and breads. Ultimately, it’s all about cooking with technology and putting aside all the hard work of cooking the old-fashioned way. The Philips airfryer is a big boon that has really made life easier prepares food faster, very efficient and saves at least 80% of the oil that we usually use in deep frying the foods.
This also takes care in encouraging us in eating healthy and nutritious foods. Do try this recipe and I am sure you all will surely love the taste.
Recipe of Sesame Crusted Baby Corn:
- Baby corns - 6 to 8 nos
- Red chilli paste - 1 tsp
- Soya sauce - ¼ tsp
- Star anise pd - pinch
- Green chilli paste - ½ tsp
- Ginger, finely chopped - ½ tsp
- Garlic, finely chopped - ½ tsp
- Green chillies - ¼ tsp
- Coriander leaves - 1 tbsp
- MSG - pinch
- Salt - pinch
- Tomato ketchup - 1 tbsp
- Cornstarch - 1 tbsp
- Sesame seeds - 2 tbsp
- Soak about 6 to 8 wooden skewers in water for a while and remove.
- Insert wooden skewers into each baby corn and keep aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add red chilli paste, soya sauce, star anise powder, green chilli paste, ginger, garlic, green chillies, coriander leaves, MSG, pinch of salt, tomato ketchup, corn starch and combine all ingredients well together to make a nice sauce.
- Take the baby corn stick and coat it well with the masala mix and then roll it on the sesame seeds. Repeat the same with all the baby corn sticks and keep aside.
- Preheat the Philips Airfryer at 180 degree C for 3 minutes.
- Open the basket and place the baby corn sticks inside, close and air fry for 6 mins at 180 degree C.
- Remove and serve hot with any favourite sauce of your choice.
Baby corns are easy to cook and the best way to cook is to blanch it and use in recipes. Baby corn is also a common ingredient that is added to pastas, pizzas, quiche etc. Fresh baby corn has a crisp texture and a subtle, slightly sweet corn flavour.
You could always reach me at my website for more amazing nutritious and enticing Baby corn recipes at: www.vahrehvah.com
Enjoy Cooking and always remember that: “VahrehVah is all about inspiring others to cook”!