Soya Potato Chops Recipe 1, How To Make Soya Potato Chops Recipe
Soya Granules filled in Mashed Potatoes
How to make Soya Potato Chops1
0 reviews so far
Prep time mins
Cook time mins
Total time mins
Author : Vahchef
Main Ingredient : Other
Servings : 0 persons
Published date : May 07, 2008
Ingredients used in Soya Potato Chops
• Butter 1 Tablespoons.
• Black pepper powder 1/4 Teaspoons.
• Potatoes 4 -5 med size Numbers.
• Oil To Fry.
• Salt To Taste.
• Ginger Garlic paste 2 Teaspoons.
• Garam Masala Powder 1 1/2 Teaspoons.
• Haldi 1-2 Pinch.
• Red Chilli Powder 1 - 2 Teaspoons.
• Nutrela Soya Granules (Soya keema) 1 Cup.
• Chopped Cilantro 1/2 Cup.
• Chopped Green Chillies 1 -2 .
• Bread Crumbs to coat .
• Egg or corn starch slurry to dip .
How to make the recipe:
1. Boil and mash the potatoes properly so there are no lumps. (Tip: to avoid lumps mash it when the potatoes are warm) 2. Add butter, salt and pepper to potato mixture and keep it aside. (Butter gives nice smooth consistency and good taste to the potatoes) 3. Take little oil in a non stick frying pan and warm it . Once throughly heated add the softened soya granules and ginger garlic paste and stir fry it on medium heat till the smell of ginger garlic goes away. 4. Add red chilli powder, salt, garam masala powder and haldi to it and cook the soya granules on low flame. If the mixture becomes too dry, add little bit water time to time so that it cooks evenly and the smell of the masalas go away. Cook for about 15 - 20 mins on slow flame 5. The soya bhaji shall resemble like sukha mutton keema. It shall be light brown in colour. (Make sure there is no moisture in the soya mixture otherwise it shall be difficult to fill in the potatoes) 6. Add chopped cilantro and green chillies to it and keep aside till it cools down. 7. Take a little portion of mashed potatoes and shape them into small cups (katoris) and fill it with soya mixture. Enclose it tightly and shape them into cutlets. (If there are lumps in the mashed potatoes the cutlets will break) 8. Dip it in egg or corn starch mixture and coat it with bread crumbs. 9. Shallow fry them till light golden brown.