1. Wash and chop potato into round thin slices.
2. Soak the slices in salt water for 10 minutes. Drain excess water and wipe the slices with a kitchen towel.
3. Mix coriander and cumin powder, turmeric powder, asafoetida, chili powder and salt. Do not add water.
4. Heat a griddle. Pour some oil.
5. Dip each potato slice into the prepared masala. Make sure to coat both the sides with the mixture. Coat all the slices with masala and arrange them on the griddle.
6. Turn heat to medium. Flip over slices once the bottom side is crisp and golden brown. Pour oil little by little if desired. Fry the other side. Check doneness by slightly inserting a spatula into the slice. Slice is done if spatula easily goes down. Remove from the heat and serve with any meal.