Sweet Corn and Potato Biryani is an excellent rice preparation, basmati rice, corn, vegetables cooked with various aromatic spices, flavored with ginger, garlic, fresh herbs and drizzle of lemon juice giving a fantastic zest to the rice. Sweet corn and potato complement well together making this dish wholesome, rich, satisfying and nutritious.
Biryani is known as “Food Fit for Kings”. Biryani, name derived from the word Biryan which means fired or seasoned rice with spices. Biryani is one of the enticing authentic dishes from the Hyderabadi cuisine which has actually come from the kitchen of the Nawabs and Nizams that truly showcases its richness in food and flavors to make it an expensive delicacy that is served normally during festive occasions or important events. There are two methods of cooking biryani kacchi (marinated meat is layered with raw or half-cooked rice) and pukki (the meat and the rice are cooked individually and then combined in layers). There are numerous versions of biryani such as, Hyderabadi chicken biryani, Vegetable biryani, Hyderabadi mutton biryani, Egg biryani, Khan biryani, Chicken pukhi biryani, Dum biryani, Fish biryani and many more..
Rice, edible starchy grain. Half of the world’s population subsists wholly or partially on rice. White rice and Brown rice are world’s wide production. Brown rice has great food value compared to white. Rice is used in many dishes like Tomato rice, Achari chana pulao, Rice cracker, Chicken fried rice, Coconut rice, biryani, fired rice, curd rice, sweets like Payasam, egg rice, tamarind rice and many more.
Potatoes have become an integral part in most of the world’s cuisine. The potato belongs to the Solanaceae or nightshade family whose other members include tomatoes and aubergines. Potato is one vegetable that is really adored by all kids and youngsters too. Kids love to eat them in any form be it potato fry, potato curry, aloo paratha or any other dish. In India, there are a variety of dishes made of potato like the aloo ki sabzi, batata vada and samosa, dum aloo , fried potato curry, potato balls, crispy potato pancakes and many more..
Sweet corn also called sugar corn and pole corn is a variety of maize with a high sugar content. It is a special variety of maize which has a sweet taste on eating, is tender and contributes in enhancing the taste of the dish. The sweet corns are tender, soft, and have a milky sweet flavor on bite. It can be eaten in various forms, such as Sweet corn soup, Sweet corn fritter, Sweet corn chaat, Mexican sweet corn, Sweet corn cheese balls, Corn tomato cheese sandwich, etc.
- Do not overcook the rice, it would spoil the texture of the biryani.
- Rice contains no gluten, which makes it one of the best non-allergic foods.
- Rice contains a lot of carbohydrates that give our bodies the instant energy.
- Corn is mainly composed of carbs. It scores low to medium on the glycemic index, so whole corn should not cause large spikes in blood sugar.
- Corn contains higher amounts of antioxidants than many other cereal grains. It is especially rich in eye-healthy carotenoids.
- Being a good source of lutein and zeaxanthin, corn may contribute to the maintenance of eye health.
- Potatoes as a very good source of vitamin B6, potassium, copper, vitamin C, manganese, phosphorus, niacin, dietary fiber and pantothenic acid.
- The vitamin C in potatoes acts as an antioxidant. According to the National Institutes of Health, these substances may prevent or delay some types of cell damage.
- Potatoes are a good source of potassium, helps to lower blood pressure.
- The B6 vitamins in potatoes are critical to maintaining neurological health.
It’s an irresistible awesome and a perfect recipe for the Biryani lovers!