1. Wash the gingerroot. Scrape and slice it into small pieces. Grind the pieces into a fine paste with some milk for smoother grinding.
2. Take a heavy bottomed non-stick sauce pan. Combine the ground paste, sugar and remaining milk into the pan and heat over low to medium heat. Keep stirring the mixture constantly with a wooden spoon. Meanwhile grease a tray or deep plate with 1 tsp ghee.
3. After some time, the mixture thickens and starts leaving the sides of the pan.
4. Remove from the fire and immediately pour the hot mixture into greased tray or plates. Spread evenly with the back of a spatula or flat bottomed bowl. To make the spreading easier, you may grease the spatula with a little bit of ghee.
5. Once cool, cut into square pieces of desired size.