1. Clean and cut fish into slices.
2. Cover with plenty of salt and keep aside for 24 hours turning it over 3 r 4 times so that fish is well salted.
3. Cover tamarind with vinger and let it soak for 5-6 hours. Let it marinate throughly and then squeenze all the pulp out of it.
4. Strain through a sieve
5. Grind chillies, turmeric and cumin seeds into a thichish paste using vinger.
6. Slice ginger and garlic .
7. Remove fish from brine and wipe each piece throughly dry.
8. Rub both sides of the fish with curry paste.
9. Intonbsp; a wide mouthed jar, pour sufficient tamarind pulp to cover bottom.
10. Scatter over it a few pieces of ginger and garlic.
11. Place p piece of fish on tpo of this. Scatter a little more ginger and garlic. With tamarind pulp.
12. Repeat process till ali the fish is used up.
13. If any of the ingredeients are left over, pack them well into the jar.
14. Add enough fresh vinger to cover the lot.
15. Seal the jar and stand the jar in the sun daily for 2-3 weeks. Shake the jar as often as possible during this period.
16. Keep the jar well covered and fry desired quantity when required.