Vegetable Shashlik is an excellent and delicious snack or popular Indian starter made with paneer, zucchini, tomato and bell peppers which are marinated in a spicy and delectable sauce, and then arranged on skewers and grilled until done. This is often served on a bed of rice, such as sweet & spicy mango rice. Any variety of vegetables of your choice can be added to make the vegetable shashlik. This amazing vegetable shashlik can also be eaten with spicy coriander chutney and kachumber salad.
This snack could be either grilled in the oven or in a non-stick pan. Shashlik has many variations. This dish is said to have originated in the areas between Turkey and Russia. The name ‘Shashlik’ is derived from the Turkish word Shish, which means skewer. Like many traditional dishes, each family prepares their own marinade which run through generations. You could also make Shashlik with meat but Shashlik is usually accompanied by skewers that contain roasted vegetables such as peppers, onions and tomatoes.
This Vegetable shashlik is an awesome starter with an delectable marinade made of a medley of flavors with sugar, vinegar, pepper powder, soya sauce, thyme, salt, curry powder, oyster sauce, tomato ketchup and olive oil. The curry powder gives an absolute Indianized taste. The grilled veggies give a slight crispness on the exterior side and soft and juicy inside. This snack is easy to prepare, light and nutritious to all. I guess this dish is one of the easiest and faster to make dish, healthy and economical meat substitute to try.
Do discover, innovate new flavours to get wonderful taste and play with spices to keep the taste high and enjoy cooking and eating. Go ahead and view the making of Vegetable Shashlik at:
Recipe of Vegetable Shashlik:
- Paneer - 100 gms
- Zucchini - 10 pieces
- Bell Pepper (red, yellow, green) - 1 no each
- Onions - 2 nos
- Tomato ketchup - 1 tbsp
- Oyster sauce - 1 tsp
- Curry powder - ½ tsp
- Salt - to taste
- Thyme - ½ tsp
- Soya sauce - 1 tsp
- Pepper powder - 1 tsp
- Vinegar - ½ tsp
- Sugar - 1 tbsp
- Basmati rice - 1 cup
- Tomatoes - 4 nos
- Chilli paste - 1 tbsp
- Ginger, crushed - ½ tsp
- Mango pulp - 3 tbsp
- Green Chillies - 4 nos
- Take a bowl and add sugar, vinegar, pepper powder, soya sauce, thyme, salt, curry powder, oyster sauce, tomato ketchup and olive oil.
- Take a whisk and mix all ingredients well. Add onions, bell peppers, zucchini, paneer, tomatoes, mix and rest for 1 hour.
- Take a skewer and skew all vegetables in order and put in on hot griddle and pour the marinade mixture on the vegetables coating all sides well.
- Put the lid and cook on all sides.
- Take a pan, add in the left over marinade, tomatoes, chilli paste and cook for 2 minutes to make accompanying sauce.
- For the mango rice, heat oil in a pan, add crushed ginger, salt, mango pulp, green chillies and mix well.
- Add in the cook basmati rice and toss well.
- Serve vegetable shashlik on a bed of mango rice accompanied with sauce.
Vegetables and paneer are highly nutritious, rich in proteins, vitamins and other nutrients. Do try this scrumptious starter and delight your palate with a medley of exotic flavours. To try more fantastic and delectable dishes, do click on: www.vahrehvah.com You could always reach me at my below links:
My Cooking Videos Indian Recipes Indian Food Regional Indian Cuisines VahChef Sanjay Thumma
Enjoy Cooking! Keep Smiling…