- Boil the mutton separately in a pressure cooker, giving it at least 4-5 whistles without any seasoning. Do no throw away the stock as it can be used for the preparation of the gravy.
- Finely chop onions, ginger, garlic, and the green chillies. Also chop the potatoes and tomatoes but not fine. They can be cut in a usual manner.
- In a saucepan add 2-3 tablespoons of oil and let it heat. To the hot oil add the finely chopped ginger, garlic, onions, salt, and the green chillies. Your could also make a paste of this to reduce the preparation time.
- Once this mixture has cooked add the turmeric powder to the vessel and cook it well. The turmeric will turn the mixture slightly yellowish-greenish in color.
- To this add the tomatoes and potatoes and stir for some time.
- Then add the boiled mutton along with the stock and let it cook on medium to slow flame till the potatoes have been cooked well. This will not take too much time.
- Once the potatoes are cooked add garam masala and few drops of vinegar to the gravy and let it simmer for another 10 minutes. Once simmered enough add chopped coriander as a garnish.
Serve this mutton dish with steamed white rice or bhakri.