Every thing about Breakfast Recipes,Indian Breakfast,South Indian Breakfast Recipes, | Vahrehvah :
Since ages there has been an important proverb which says, “Break the fast like a King, have lunch like a Prince and dine like a Poor person”. This is truly said and if followed properly will keep you energetic and fit. Breakfast is commonly known as Nashta or tiffin varies from region to region. Breakfast is considered the most important meal of the day. They provide all the necessary vitamins, nutrients and minerals that one requires to happily kick start the day.
South Indian Breakfast dishes are the simplest, easy to prepare, delicious and stomach filling. Eating a healthy meal in the morning will keep your spirits up throughout the day. It will provide you with plenty of energy to help you get through the regular tasks of your day. Unfortunately, in today’s busy world no one gives importance to the most important meal of the day.
Generally, many of us keep thinking of what to cook for breakfast which is a tough job for many as they need to satisfy the palate of their family members. People also get bored with the routine repeated items prepared often. There is a wide collection of south Indian breakfast that one can prepare. You could also be creative and prepare new varieties to suit your family’s taste.
If you are looking for some simple yet healthy, delicious and appetizing south Indian breakfast recipes, then below are some of the top 10 south Indian breakfast recipes that I felt are in great demand prepared in most homes and in restaurants-
- Idli: A south Indian savory round cake popular throughout India. The cakes are made by steaming a batter consisting of fermented black lentils (de-husked) and rice.
- Medu Vada: It is a fried recipe, a delightful dish from the South Indian cuisine. For preparing this dish, the urad dal is soaked, ground together with spices and deep fried until golden brown. It is served with coconut chutney.
- Dahi Vada: A popular Indian chaat, prepared by soaking vadas in thick dahi. These are also a great side dish for formal dinner.
- Dosa: A are popular south Indian breakfast that is made in most south Indian homes. It is made with rice and urad dal. Dosa is generally served with coconut chutney or milagai podi.
- Pesarattu Green gram dosa: It is a popular Andhra breakfast dish which actually means an attu (crepe or dosa) made from pesara pappu (green moong dal). It is served as a best breakfast dish with coconut chutney.
- Poori: It is a round, puffed unleavened deep-fried Indian bread, commonly eaten for breakfast or as a light meal; usually served with a delicious curry or bhaji.
- Appam: The most popular among Kerala breakfast recipes that are healthy and easy to make. These white lacy pancakes have a crisp side with an airy, soft on touch, fluffy center. Appam recipe uses minimal ingredients, simple to make and usually served with a range of sides like vegetable stew or chicken stew, sweetened coconut milk, egg cury, egg roast, korma, chutney and kadala curry.
- Ven Pongal: It is a South Indian Ghee Khichdi, popular dish in south Indian homes typically served as a special breakfast in Tamil Nadu.
- Eating healthy, nutritious and simple breakfast makes you truly energetic and keeps you healthy.
- Eating breakfast daily morning is a great way to get your metabolism working well for the day.
- A healthy, appetizing and delicious in the morning will also help to regulate your blood sugar levels through lunch time, which plays a vital role in your mood.
These wonderful dishes, suit to different taste buds. Do give it a try and you’ll surely enjoy relishing all the breakfast recipes.