- Take a mixie jar, add tender tamarind and ripe red chilies and blend into a coarse paste.
- Heat 1-2 tablespoons of oil in a pan, add mustard seeds, ground nuts, chana dal, urad dal, curry leaves, asafoetida, turmeric powder, raw tamarind mixture paste, salt and saute it for 1-2 minutes.
- Then add boiled rice to the same pan, mix nicely.
Now, Chittrannam is ready then...
For crispy chillies:
- Cut banana pepper into slices and transfer into a bowl.
- To it, add salt, crushed coriander seeds, rice flour, chickpea flour, water and mix nicely and deep fry in hot oil until crispy and transfer into paper towel.
Now raw tamarind rice chitrannam with crispy chillies are ready to serve.