|Published||Cooking Time||25 Minutes|
|Recipe Type||Non Veg-Main||Preparation Time||10 Minutes|
|Ingredient||Standing Time||25 Minutes|
Maharashtrian Pomfret Masala is a mouth-watering, refreshing and delectable seafood delicacy made with pomfret fish stuffed with spices and cooked in luscious and spicy gravy. This recipe is one of the popular seafood dishes from the Maharashtrian cuisine.
Recipe of MAHARASHTRIAN POMPFRET MASALA
|Tomato Puree, Freshly Made||1||Numbers|
|Salt To Taste|
|Green Chillies, Crushed||1/2||Teaspoons|
|Garlic Cloves, Crushed||1/4||Teaspoons|
|Garam Masala Powder||1/2||Teaspoons|
|Red Chilli Powder||1/2||Teaspoons|
|Water As Needed|
|Coriander Leaves, Chopped||1||Bunch|
2. Add little salt and mix the spices well. Clean the pompfret and make gashes over the fish. Now stuff the spice mixture into the pomfret. Also coat this spice mixture on the outer cover of pomfrets. Marinate the pomfrets for about 20 to 30 minutes. Heat oil in a pan, when the oil gets hot,
3. add curry leaves and fresh tomato paste and sauté well. Cook the tomato paste till the raw flavour is gone.
4. Add little water. Gently place the marinated fish in the sauce. Cover the pan with a lid and cook for about 5 minutes in slow flame. In between gently turn the fish on the other side.
5. Add little coconut milk and again simmer and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
6. Sprinkle some coriander leaves and switch off the flame.