- Remove the upper skin of beetroot using peeler and grate the beetroot.
- Soak split moong daal for around 30 minutes. Chop some onions if you would like to use onions but it really adds taste to the curry.
- Chop green chillies. Heat oil in a pan musturd seeds, cumin seeds, green chillies, curry leaves, onions, salt, hing cook it till it is light brown.
- Add turmeric powder, split moong dal, grated beetroot and cook it for sometime.
- Fry till moong daal is cooked properly and if needed add water .
- Add cumin powder, coriander powder, sesame seeds powder, garam masala and fry till all the moisture is gone.
- At last add coriander leaves and cook it for 2 minutes.
Serve with hot rice/roti.