- Clean the mutton thoroughly.
- Take a pressure cooker and add some oil.
- Chop one onion finely, slit 2 green chillies. Add the chopped onion and slit green chillies in the oil
- Add the cleaned mutton pieces once the onions are light brown.
- Add a littleturmeric powder and let the water ooze out of the mutton.
- Once the water is dried up, add the ginger garlic paste and fry the mutton.
- Once the ginger garlic paste is fried along with the mutton, addd the mutton masala powder, chilli powder, salt and fry a little more
- Make a paste of the remaining onion and tomatoes.
- Add the tomato onion paste to the mutton and fry for 5 minutes.
- Add a little water, so that the mutton is just submerged in the gravy.
- Cover the presssure cooker and let it cook till the mutton is a bit tender (for 3 or 4 whistles).
- Finally,add the drumsticks and let it cook .
- Let the gravy thicken and garnish with fresh coriander.
Mutton curry is ready to be served.
Mutton masala powder
Fry a little peppercorns, cloves, cardamom, cumin seeds, cinnamon and grind them well so that it becomes a powder or you can use store bought mutton masala powder.