- Wash the mutton thoroughly. Heat oil in a non stick karaahi, put cumin, bay leaf, and dried red chilly.
- When thecumin begins to splutter, add garam masala, onion and saute for sometime over medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add ginger, garlic, black pepper, papaya, coriander,turmericpowder, mutton, salt and saute everything for 2 minutes.
- Put the flame to minimum. Put 1 tablespoon desi ghee and cover the lid of the vessel.
- Open the vessel after every 10 minutes, saute and cover again.
- After 30 minutes, start testing whether or not the mutton is cooked.
- It usually takes 45 minutes to 1 hour to cook mutton this way. but the wait is worth it.
- Add 1tablespoondesi ghee when mutton is cooked.
Serve warm with pulav or garma garam pooris.