- Heat little butter in a pan, add dates, brown sugar, vanilla essence, lemon zest, saute it and cook until it is nice and soft, later switch off flame.
- Take a bowl, add all purpose flour, oats, ¾ cup brown sugar, cashew nut, salt and mix nicely.
- Add ½ cup butter and mix it again and transfer into greased baking tray and press it with hand as a layer.
- Spread dates mixture with spoon as second layer. On it spread oats mixture as a last layer and bake it at 180ºC 15 to 20 minutes until it is slightly coloured.
- Rest it for some time and cut into pieces.
Now oats and dates bar is ready to serve.