- Soak rice for 4 hour or overnight and strain water and remove moisture and blend it into fine powder.
- In a pan add milk, once it some to boil add sago, cook it.
- Prepare jaggery syrup by dissolving jaggery in little water
- In another pan add jaggery syrup with little water and add little rice flour and mix it, later switch off flame.
- Transfer it into a plate, add remaining rice flour knead it to make a dough.
- Place dough in murukku press and press it in boiling milk, or take small portion of dough and roll it using hands and place it in boiling milk.
- In another pan boiling the jaggery syrup into one string consistency or gulab jamun syrup consistency.
- Once the thalikalu are cooked, add boiling jaggery syrup and mix nicely.
- Atlast add cardamom powder and mix it.
Now paala thalikalu is ready to serve.