Baingan ka bharta
|Published||Nov 24, 2007||Cooking Time||15 Minutes|
|Recipe Type||Veg-Main||Preparation Time||15 Minutes|
|Ingredient||Brinjal Eggplant||Standing Time||15 Minutes|
Description: Baigan bharta is made of roasted eggplant and other spices giving a distinctive flavor and taste to the dish.
Recipe of Baingan ka bharta
|Cumin Pdr (optional||1/4||Teaspoons|
|Coriander Leaves For Garnishing|
|Coriander Pdr (optional||1/2||Teaspoons|
|Red Chilli Powder||1/2||Teaspoons|
|Garam Masala Powder||1/2||Teaspoons|
|Slit Green Chilli||1||Numbers|
|Finely Chopped Onions||11/2||Cup|
|Cooked Green Peas (optional)||1/2||Cup|
|Eggplant (medium Sized)||1||Numbers|
- Apply some oil to the eggplant. Keep it on a hot griddle tawa in reduced flameor put it in the oven at high heat and bake .
- Once a side of the eggplant is properly cooked turn it. Likewise cook all the sides. It takes around 10-15 minutes to cook the whole eggplant.
- Once it is fully cooked, wait for it to cool down and then peel off the skin and mash well. Heat oil in a pan, add garlic ,green chilli and chopped onions and fry over medium flame until light golden brown. Add red chilli powder, garam masala powder and turmeric powder.
- Stir well and add chopped tomatoes and cook till tender. Now add the mashed eggplant , cooked peas and salt and stir for 5-6 minutes on a medium flame.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves. Serve hot with chapatis or as a side dish with rice. I thank sarita for posting this recipe at vahrehvah.comvahchef
Posted Nov 24, 2007